BEFORE YOUR TAN
- For best results exfoliate for 2 days prior to your appointment.
- On the day of your appointment wash, shower and exfoliate using water only. Do not use any soap or body wash during your shower as these products can leave a barrier on your skin and prevent the full colour from developing
- Do not wear any makeup, moisturiser, deodorant or perfume when being sprayed
- Wear comfortable, loose, dark clothing to your spray tan session
- Undertake personal hair removal 24 hours prior to your spray tan appointment
- If you do wish to shave your legs the day of your spray tan make sure that you give your legs a light exfoliation, to make sure that all excess product has been removed from the skin
Please note: For people with sensitive skin or allergies your Technician can test a patch on the inside of the elbow or behind the knee with our solution.
DURING YOUR TAN
- We will do a full skin analysis and discuss why you are needing a tan prior to spray tanning you. This way we can guarantee the perfect colour for your skin tone
- You can wear whatever you feel most comfortable in (ie. Lingerie, bikini or nothing). We can also provide you with a disposable g-string if need be, or you can purchase a “C-String” from us if you do not want to go completely naked and don’t want any tan lines.
- The spray will take approximately 15 minutes including drying time
- Wear loose dark clothing after your spray tan, preferably a top where you don’t have to put a bra back on. Avoid wearing any tight clothing, including shoes until your tan has developed. Avoid heavy exercising until after your shower
- Do not shower, swim or exercise heavily for 2-6 hours (depending on which solution you have been sprayed with
- Use body wash rather than soap, or products that do not contain the ingredient SLS. Specialised body wash, specifically designed to be used for spray tans, can be purchased from the salon.
- During your shower you will notice spray tan solution washing away. Don’t worry… this is not your tan coming off, it’s just the excess colour guide that is sitting on your skin
- When you come out of the shower make sure you pat yourself dry, do not rub yourself dry. Make sure you do this after every shower
- Moisturise your skin twice daily to maintain your spray tan as long as possible. It is most important to moisturise straight away after your first shower
- Tan extender can be used to moisturise your skin whilst prolonging your tan. This great product also has SPF 15. This is best used after Day 3 to avoid saturating your skin with too much DHA too soon
- Avoid prolonged soaking in water as it dries skin and may fade your spray tan
- Do not exfoliate your skin until the tan has faded (or just before your next spray tan!
- Your new tan will not provide protection from the harsh UV rays of the sun. Continue to be sun smart
- Please remember DHA can react for up to 24 hours after being spray tanned. This means that you may not have your full colour straight after your shower… Please allow 24 hours to view your potential full colour. Everybody’s skin is different… some people will be lucky enough to have their tan develop in minimal time, others may have to wait the full 24 hour period. This means if you are getting your spray tan for a special event it is best to do so 48 hours (2 days) prior to the event